Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fae 5.10

I got up bright and early the next morning and headed for the lake. Several hours later I was just about to leave when she showed up. 



I waved as she walked over. "I didn't think you were coming."  "I didn't think I was either, but here I am." She said with a shrug. "So now can you tell me why you aren't allowed to talk to me?" I asked. "It's a long story."  "I've got time."  With a sigh she she said "Alright, lets sit over there." Once we were seated she started. "Amongst my people, the greatest crime we could commit is to turn on our own. My father told me when we moved here of your family and how I was to stay far away. He told me how your father had been taken in by my people, and raised as one of them, then one day with your mother's help he slaughtered an entire coven, one of whom was one of our most powerful in the last century. The Covens had high hopes for him, till your parents killed him, that is. So in our world your father is one of the most hated among the fae. When he realized you lived here he forbade me from ever speaking to you." I was stunned. There was no way that my parents did something like that. "Why did you decide to meet me here today, I mean if your father would be angry?"  "I guess I thought you're different than everyone else, you're nice."  "well if it makes you feel better, my mom would freak out if she knew I was talking to you, again."  "I remember that day at the park, you were the first one to speak to me since we'd moved here."  "If everyone hates you so much, why did you decide to move here in the first place?" I asked. "Well, we're different from the rest of our kind, while we survive on the blood of the living, my father found a fruit that we could substitute for blood. Mom says it's not as good, but it's all I've known. They petitioned the Fae Council to allow them to live here, and here we are."  "Yea, too bad you're here forever." I said not even thinking. "No, we come and go all the time. The fruit we live on won't grow here, only in the mortal world."  "You've seen the mortal world? What's it like?"  With a chuckle she said "Have you not seen it before?"  "No, I've never been anywhere but here. How do you get there? the Portal is sealed?"  She looked right at me and said with a sparkle in her eye "We have our ways." I was just about to say something else when she said "I have to go" getting up to leave I said "Wait, and you meet me here after school tomorrow? Around three?" Pulling away she nodded and said "I'll try." Then she was gone. I stayed there for a while longer thinking over what she had said. Had dad been raised by vampires? Were they killers?

No comments:

Post a Comment