Monday, February 18, 2019

Fae 5.14


~Charity~ 
The next few hours were a blur. Sebastian brought Megahan inside and Kai having experience with vampires tended to her. She was pregnant, that was obvious. She was also dying. Though the cause was less obvious. Kai gave her a potion to induce birth, knowing that time was of the essence if we wanted to save the baby. 


 In the midst of all if it her mother showed up at the house, knowing they were somehow back. 
"Where's my daughter?" She demanded. "She's being taken care of." I snapped, not wanting this woman near me. "This is all your fault. You and that son of yours. I hold you responsible for what happened to my daughter." Being a vampire, she could not set foot in the house unless I invited her. Knowing this I turned and went back inside, leaving her in the rain. 






























I made my way up the stairs where Kai was just leaving Sebastian's room. With a small shake of his head as he passed me, I knew Meghan had passed. I peeked inside and saw Sebastian holding her hand, and my heart was breaking for my son. "Sebastian?" I said in a quiet whisper. "Go away. This is all your fault." His words stung. "Why do you say that?" I inquired. "Go ask your husband" he spat at me. I was shocked at his tone. I tuned and left as he began sobbing, and I wanted nothing more than to comfort my son. "Kai?"  "In here" came his answer from the nursery. He was putting Sebastian's son in the crib. "Do you know what happened?" I asked. Kai nodded as he closed the door. "Poison." I was shocked, "poison?!" With a sigh, Kai took my hands and said words I'd never forget "it was our poison." "How do you mean?" "The potion we used to kill James, well it worked by poisoning your blood. I thought it was only temporary, but apparently the effects were permanent. You passed it on the kids, and thus Sebastian's son. Basically he acted as a slow poison to Meghan. By the time Sebastian got her here it was too late." I could feel the tears filling my eyes, Sebastian was right, it was my fault. 


Over the next few weeks, Rochelle and her new husband decided to stay given the situation. The tension in the house was awful. Sebastian rarely left his room. Meghan had been given to her family, despite Sebastian's protests. Tensions were high all over, the Vampires were out for blood, and more of them had come to town to show their support for Meghan's family.  When Martin showed up I knew things were bad. Though he was a friend, I could tell by his grim expression he wasn't here on a social call. 

"Martin" I said as I opened the door. "Charity, it's good to see you. Though I wish it was under different circumstances." He said as I showed him into the living room where Kai and Sebastian were already waiting. " As you are aware, what Sebastian has done, it has broken the very fragile peace we had with the Vampires, in addition to breaking several of our strictest laws. Not only are the Vampires calling for his punishment, now our people are as well. Because of his actions several Fae have been injured in Vampire attacks over the past few days. Fortunately no one has been killed yet, but the council has issued their response. I am here to take Sebastian into custody." 

"NO!" I shouted as I jumped up. "I refuse to let you take my son!" "Charity, I have no choice, my hands are tied. I have to take him." Martin said as he rose. "Sebastian?" He motioned towards my son. Sebastian said not a word as he rose and followed Martin out of the house. 





























It took me two months to find out where they had taken Sebastian. During that time Kai and Rochelle had been caring for the boys. I still hadn't held my grandson, Caizen. I couldn't.  So I left his care up to others, and focused on finding my son. I had asked everywhere, sent Petition after petition to the council to be allowed to see him. Finally they granted my petition, with one catch, only one of us could visit for 15 minutes. Kai and I discussed it and decided I was the one who should go. 


The morning of the visit arrived and I went to the address I was given. When I stepped inside the first thing I did noticed was Martin seated at a desk. "Where's Sebastian?" I demanded. "Come" Martin said as he led me into the adjoining room. What I saw broke my heart, and I couldn't hold back my tears. There was Sebastian. In a small, dark cell. 











No comments:

Post a Comment