Sunday, November 15, 2015

Carlotta

**AN**
This chapter is from Carlotta's point of view. 

As soon as I walked in the door after having Isabella, I knew something was wrong. I'm her mother, yet I feel nothing for her. I loved the idea of having a baby, loved feeling her inside me, yet here she was and I don't care. Since Ryu was working from home, at least Isabella had one of her parents around. I wanted to be a good mother, like my mother in law Marie was, but I guess I just don't have it in me to do so. When I told Ryu this he seemed to understand, giving me time to get the hang of being a mom.




As soon as I was able to return to work I jumped at the chance, the baby was only six weeks old and Ryu thought it was too soon, but I was more than ready to get back. At the end of my first day back, I got called into my boss's office, "Carlotta, please have a seat" Uriah said gesturing to the seat in front of him. "I've been watching your performance today, and it's not what it I expected. When I came here, I was told you were one of the more promising athletes we had, but what I saw today says another story" Uriah was new, he had taken the head coach position while I was on leave. "I apologize, I've been on  maternity leave, and just came back today, it will take me some time to get back in shape." As I spoke, I could tell he was deciding if I was worth the time. "Why don't you stay late, and I'll help you get back into shape sooner" He said. I knew I should get home, but something about Uriah made me want to stay. "Okay, I'll stay."



I soon fell into a routine, getting up earlier to workout before work, and staying late to work with Uriah. I was progressing quickly at work, soon I was back at the top of my game. Uriah and I had become friends, and I enjoyed spending time with him, talking to him was easy, like it used to be with Ryu. Things between me and Ryu had not been going well. I knew he was angry at me for not caring about Isabella even though he tried to hide it, and for putting my career first. I made good money, even if I wasn't close with my daughter, I could still give her everything she wanted.

"You're so beautiful." I heard Ryu say as he leaned in for a kiss. I turned away and he caught just my cheek, I was trying to get ready for work, I didn't have time for that. Ryu always picked the most inopportune moments to be affectionate. "Why'd you move?" He asked me. I just wanted to get to work. "I'm trying to get ready for work, I don't have time for that right now." That just made him upset. "I was just trying to kiss you, I miss you, you're never home anymore."He stated. "Well someone has to bring in the money, heaven knows you sure don't, all you do is sit at home and play with the baby all day!"I snapped at him as I pushed by him. He looked shocked that I'd said that. 

"Look" I started, calming down a bit. "I don't want to fight with you right now, I have to get to work" " Okay" He said. "We'll talk tonight after the party" I just stared at him I had  no idea what he was talking about. "What party?" I asked suspiciously, sure he'd not mentioned one earlier. "Izzy's birthday party, remember?" He answered. "Oh" I said heading for the door, "Well, she won't remember if I'm there or not anyway" It was true, though I suppose I should have stayed.  Then he snapped, grabbing me and shoving me the rest of the way out the door yelling "Get out, we don't need you anyway!"




I was so upset, as soon as I got to work I went straight to Uriah's office. "Do you have a minute?" I asked as I entered. "What's wrong?" He asked, genuinely concerned. As poured my heart out to him, he pulled me in, embracing me. I looked up into his eyes, and the next thing I knew we our lips were colliding.



2 comments:

  1. I knew it!!! She is terrible. Ryu and Marie have been caring for Izzy and all she's cared about was her job. Ryu only wanted a kiss, he wasn't trying to have sex but she has detached herself from the family completely. :( They are better off without her!

    ReplyDelete