Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Rebel 3.0

Today I turned 15, so we had a small family party, just dad, Shirley, and Granny. Everyone assumes that I pull pranks for attention, well that's only partly the case. See dad has Shirley and Melina who take up most of his time. So yea I guess I pull the occasional prank to get noticed, but the rest of the time it's just fun, I mean there's nothing better than the thrill of pulling off the perfect prank, and the look on the victims face, priceless! I know they love me, but still Melina takes up most of their time and I'm at school a lot so we just don't spent as much time together as we used too.
I haven't decided what I'm going to do once I graduate high school, college is a sure thing since I've been painting since I was old enough to hold a paintbrush. As soon as I was good enough to start selling my work dad opened a bank account for me. I'm not allowed to touch it till I'm 21, but it's mine  nonetheless. Anyway as I was saying, yea I plan to go to college and get my degree in fine arts, after that who knows, I sure don't.
My first day of highschool is about to start, I'm so excited, but kinda nervous too. I put on my new skirt and top along with some thigh boots. It smells like Granny has made her famous pancakes so I hurry up and do my hair and make-up, and rush down the stairs to breakfast. As I sit down at the table Shirley says to me, "You're not leaving the house like that Izzy." Izzy, I hate that nickname, its so childish. "Like what?" I ask as I put a big bite of pancake in my mouth. "That outfit you have on is too mature for a girl your age. Why don't you go out on one of your sundresses instead? It would look so sweet on you." Shirley says eyeing my choice of outfit. Sweet?, blech. The last thing I want is to look "sweet" on my first day of school. "Dad tell her there's nothing wrong with the way I'm dressed." I implore hoping he'll take my side. He looks at me for a second before saying "I would prefer if you didn't dress like that, please go upstairs and change." Glaring at him, I get up from the table and walk upstairs without saying a word. Of course I have no intentions of changing,  As I enter my room, Melina starts crying, "out, zee, out." She tries, but the best she can say my name is zee. "Okay, come here" I look  at the clock as I pick Melina up from the crib. Crap! The bus will be here soon, I've got to hurry. I put Melina down on the floor and slowly sneak back down the stairs.  Shirley is gone, and dad is out in the back yard. Perfect. I make my way out the door just in time to miss the bus.
Since I missed the bus I decided to ditch school and have some fun, I went across town to the fishing hole, tried to catch a fish, kinda glad I didn't catch one, I'd have no where to put it.





After I was done attempting to fish I went to the museum, the art here is lousy, my paintings are so much better.


 I spent the whole day out, before I knew it it was after curfew. Crap! They're gonna be pissed! Oh well, they'll get over it, I'm not hurrying home just to get in trouble, that was the plan anyway, till the cops stopped me up for being out after curfew. They let me off with a warning and told me to hurry home.  
Once I got home get home Granny was waiting at the door for me. "Want to tell me where you've been, Isabella?" Crap she used my real name. "I was out. Sorry" I say blowing her off. "You're grounded till further notice, you will go to school and come home, do you understand? The cops bringing you home is serious, young lady." Oops, she really is mad. "Yes, Granny" I say hanging my head. "Now go to bed, it's late." Granny says as she walks towards her room.
 I go upstairs to bed thinking about the thrill of sneaking out, and staying out past curfew. I'm still buzzing from the adrenaline. Finally I fall asleep, dreaming of what I'll do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment