Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Fae 5.6


After the kids were gone to school I sat down to read the paper, most of the news was routine, though one headline caught my eye. "THE CITY IS PLEASED TO WELCOME IT'S FIRST VAMPIRE RESIDENTS"  No, surely I had read it wrong. Nope. That's what it said alright. I couldn't breath, how could they let one of them move here? This was wrong.


I went inside where Kai was working, and told him the news. "I knew."  "Wha- How? How did you not tell me?" I felt betrayed. "We need to leave, I refuse to live in the same town as one of those!"  "And just where are we suppose to go Charity! Back to the land that we came from, or have you forgotten how they treated us!" Kai was angry, he never got angry. "Just forget it Malakai" I said walking away. I went and sat down on the couch and Kai went outside for a bit.





When he came back inside, I was sitting on the couch crying, "Charity, I never meat to hurt you." Kai said sitting down beside me. He lay my head over on his shoulder and said, "I promised long ago I would protect you, and I meant it. I didn't tell you before  because I didn't know how. I knew how you would feel and I didn't want to see you hurt. Though it seems not telling you has hurt you even more. Forgive me?"  "I forgive you, I just don't know what to do."  "Don't worry whatever happens we'll deal with it together."








No comments:

Post a Comment