Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Fae 5.5

Our little ones we growing up. The time had come for the twins to start school. Our village was very small, so small in fact you could get most anywhere by flying, which is exactly what the kids did on their first day of school.















When the kids had left, Kai surprised me with a picnic in the front yard. "What's the occasion?" I asked. "Well these last few years our lives have revolved around the kids, and while I wouldn't trade our family for anything, I would like to get to know my wife again." I smiled and leaned over and kissed him.




When the kids got home from school, they set to work right away on their homework. Sebastian flew through his, while Rochelle took a bit longer to finish hers. I offered to help, but she wanted to do it herself.



Before bed we read the kids a story as we had done since they were babies. "Mom" Sebastian asked "Yes honey?" "Are humans real?" He asked seriously. I chuckled and answered "Of course they are, why do you ask?"  "Well this boy at school said they were just made up, humans didn't exist."  "Well, just between us I'll tell you a secret, I used to be one."  "You were a human?!?" Sebastian's surprise was evident. "Yep, I was. Someday when you're older I'll tell you and your sister all about it."  "I can't wait" He said as he drifted off to sleep.




As we went to bed I told Kai what Sebastian had asked. "Funny, Rochelle asked me the same thing. Why do you suppose they think humans are made up?"  "Well" I said, "Until I met you I thought the same was true of Fae, so it makes sense. Though I suppose someday I'll have to tell them how I became a Fae."  "We'll tell them, but that wont be for many years." Kai said rolling over to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment