Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Fae 5.2

Life is a funny thing. Sometimes what seems like the most horrible thing that could happen later turns out to be a blessing. If I had never been taken by James I never would have met Kai-my own personal angel, my light in the darkness-and I wouldn't be here right now.  We have lived here now for nearly five years. Both Kai and I are respected members of the community, a few people knew about our pasts, and no one cared. Everyone had their own reasons for being here.We own a small elixir shop, I grow the ingredients and Kai makes them. I no longer have nightmares, though I still don't sleep well at night, I suppose I never will. I am happier than I ever thought possible. Life is good.

Being woken up because you need to throw up is not the ideal way to start the day. "Charity are you alright?" Kai asked from the bedroom. "I think I have the flu, don't come in here" Of course he didn't listen, he was by my side in an instant holding my hair back. " I think I'm finished" I said as Kai helped me back to bed. "Stay here, I'll bring you some water." Always my protector, Kai made sure I was comfortable checking on me throughout the day.



My "flu" continued for several weeks before it dawned on me. "KAI!" I shouted from bed. In the blink of an eye, he was in the doorway "What's wrong?" "Nothing actually, I don't have the flu" I said smiling and putting my hands on my stomach. "You don't? Then what- Oh!" The look of utter joy on his face made me so happy, I started crying. "I'm going to be a father?" he asked taking my hands. "yes" I said giving him a kiss. This was the happiest day of my life so far.


My pregnancy progressed smoothly, after the first few weeks I had no more morning sickness. I spent my time tending to the garden and planing the nursery, we went with neutral colors, since we didn't want to know before hand what the baby was. when we had finished putting the bassinet together, Kai knelt down put his hands on my belly and started talking to the baby, "Hello in there, I'm your father, I can't wait to meet you." I knew without a doubt that Kai was going to be an amazing father.

"What do you think of  Jessica for a girl or David for a boy?" Kai asked rubbing my growing belly as we lay in front of the fire. We still hadn't decided on a name. "Uh-uh. What were  your parents names?" I asked. Kai had never told me their names. He was quiet for a while then said "Sebastian and Rochelle"  "What if we named the baby after both our parents? Sebastian Tanner for a boy and Rochelle Emily Berlin for a girl?"  "I think those names are perfect."

The rest of my pregnancy progressed without a problem, with the name picked out and the nursery ready all that was missing was our little one. That was soon remedied when I went into labor, Kai rushed me to the hospital where after a relatively short labor I welcomed our wonderful twins into the world. They were so perfect, so tiny. I never thought I could love something more than I loved Kai, but I was wrong. I instantly fell in love with this tiny little life that we created. Up till then I had never seen Kai cry, but upon seeing his children for the first time he did. We came home the following day, and after laying our little ones down in the cradle, both Kai and I just stood and watched them sleep. I promised them that I would always be there, I would see to it that they never experienced a childhood like Kai and I had. They would never feel unloved or unwanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment