Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Fae 5.12

Fall. School was starting again, and that meant I wouldn't get to see Meghan as often. Though they tried, she wasn't allowed at our school, so her parents taught her at home. We saw each other as often as we could, which wasn't often.

Mom was getting close to having the baby, a boy, and she and dad had been spending as much time together as they could. The way he explained it, it was like having a baby for the first time, since it'd been so long since Rochelle and I were babies, but it wasn't unusual for fae to have kids with large age gaps, so that left me with plenty of time alone. Well not entirely alone.



The fall wore on, and just a few days before I turned seventeen, Meghan and I were fooling around on the couch. "What in the hell?!?" Mom's voice boomed from the doorway. We both scrambled to get ourselves together "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" mom bellowed at Meghan. Meghan took off as fast as she could, as mom turned her fury on me.

What were you thinking? You let one of them in our house?! How could you!" Dad came in right about that time, "what's going on?" I caught your son with that, that girl. That vampire." 

" Meghan. Her name is Meghan." I said my voice shaking. "I don't care what her name is." Mom said. "You WILL stop seeing her". At that moment all the resentment I had toward my parents came out. "And what if I don't? I love her. I'll never stop seeing her." "Love? They're not capable of love, they're nothing but monsters." "Dad, a little help here?" I pleaded. 


" I agree with your mom on this. It's a bad idea, tensions between our people are high, and you go and pull something like this. What do you think would happen if her parents found out. It's not just about you, Sebastian" I'd had it. I was done. "Screw your people, screw you. If you and Mom hadn't murdered Meghan's people, maybe things wouldn't be so bad between us, did you ever think of that? Huh, dad?" Mom just sat there, dad was speechless, but I wasn't done. "I've had it, I don't have to stand here and take this" I said as I headed for the door. Neither of them made any attempt to stop me, till my hand was on the handle. "If you walk out that door, don't come back" mom's words made me hesitate for just a brief moment, but I continued out the door and was gone.


I found Meghan in her front yard, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry" I said pulling her into a hug. "Let's get outta here" "Where to?" "Anywhere but here." And with that we left the little island I had always known. Off to start our own adventure, if only I'd known.

No comments:

Post a Comment