Friday, November 16, 2018

Fae 5.13

~charity~
Telling Sebastian to leave was the hardest thing I'd ever done. It had to be done, for all our sakes.

Time went on, Rochelle came home for a visit and I filled her in on everything that had happened. She filled me in on her new boyfriend, he was also her dance partner. She showed me photos of the two of them, and they looked perfect together.
The time soon came for me to give birth. I had a beautiful baby boy. I just wished his brother and sister were there.
Seventeen. My babies were all but grown up.



Eighteen. My babies were eighteen today. Rochelle had graduated a few weeks ago, and was coming home with a surprise, in the next few days. Sebastian, I hadn't heard from since he left. And my baby was almost a year old, now.




Rochelle came home, and her surprise was better than I could have imagined. "Mom, dad, I've got something to tell you" Rochelle said looking at each of us. "We're engaged, and I'd like to have our wedding here" she said holding on to her boyfriend's hand. I was so happy, I'm sure I was smiling like a crazy person. "Oh honey, I'm so happy for you! I'm honored you want to have the wedding here!". Her boyfriend was a mainlander, a true fae. He came from a very old, very prestigious family, so it was surprising that he agreed to getting married here amongst the outcasts.
We soon set to work on wedding plans. "Have you thought about a dress?" I asked Rochelle. "I've actually already picked one out, it's more modern than most fae use, but I've honored his family by using their family color in the dress." She went on to explain that mainlander families all had a specific color, now only used for special occasions, but it used to be a way of identifying individual families. With the dress settled, Kai and boyfriend set to work making an arch for he an Rochelle to get married under.







Several weeks later we were finally ready for the wedding, it was set to take place on Saturday. Following the wedding, Rochelle had decided they would stay with us for a few days, then they'd be off to start their new life on the mainland. Saturday morning I spent helping Rochelle into her dress, makeup and hair. She looked beautiful. "Ready?" I asked as we made our way towards the back yard. "I've never been readier" she answered as we took our places.


I stood on one side with Kai on the other, as Rochelle and boyfriend stood under the arch and exchanged vows. As long as their was at least one witness, fae law considered the marriage valid. They exchanged vows both in the common tongue and ancient fae. As they kissed for the first time as newly weds, we all heard a voice behind us. "Mom, help me"

No comments:

Post a Comment