Sunday, December 13, 2015

Author 2.5

We got married as soon as we could at city hall, having been married before, neither one of us wanted to have another wedding. Izzy and mom served as our witnesses, Izzy cheered and mom cried as I kissed my new bride. Shirley was a perfect fit for our family. She and Izzy got along great, Shirley redecorated our room and when Izzy saw she wanted her room redone too. Shirley was only too happy to do so. Shirley loved helping Izzy with her homework, and I was happy to let her. Life was good. I was happy. Watching shirley and izzy, I realized all that we had missed out on not having Carlotta around.
                                    


As we were getting ready for bed one night Shirley said something that made my heart stop for a second "Ryu, I think I'm pregnant." I just stood there in shock, how could this be? We had been so careful, neither one of us planned on more kids. "What? How?" That was the only thing I managed to get out. "I don't know how, all I know is I'm pretty sure I am. I'll go get a test in the morning and find out for sure." I tried to sleep, but my thoughts kept me Awake. I was making plenty of money with my books and wanted to retire early so I could do some traveling, and  I had Izzy's college fund covered, but having another baby meant working longer and putting our plans on hold. We'd be older parents, would we be able to keep up with a child at our age? The more I thought about it the more I was sure having a baby was not a good idea. As I dozed off and on memories of Izzy as a baby flooded through my mind, then I thought of all the things I'd missed out on with Izzy, I missed her first steps, her first words, I'd spent most of my time at work, and mom was the one to teach Izzy those things. Perhaps another baby would give me a second chance at being a father. Perhaps having a baby wasn't the end of the world after all. With that peace of mind I drifted off to a sound sleep.
As morning came, I was secretly hoping Shirley was indeed pregnant.
                                   

When I woke Shirley was already back from the store with the test. We hurried into the bathroom, as we waited for the test to be ready I took Shirley's hands and said "whichever way this goes, I'm okay with it" Shirley picked up the test and said "well daddy, you better start picking out names" I grabbed her and pulled her in for a kiss. 

                                    

That evening once mom and Izzy got home we told them the good news, mom was thrilled, she had always wanted a large family, Izzy was a bit unsure, "so, you're not going to be my daddy anymore?" She asked on the verge of tears. "Yes sweetie, I'll still be your dad, but I'll be this baby's dad too" that seemed to quell her fears. "Is it a boy or girl baby?" Izzy asked. "Well, we don't know yet. We won't know till its born" Shirley answered. "I want a girl baby, so I can play with her." Izzy said as she ran off to go play. "She has a good point Shirley" I said. "A girl could share a room with Izzy, if it's a boy, we'd have to find somewhere to put him" Shirley just looked me and smiled.
   
                                       

                                         
As her pregnancy progressed, she and Izzy became even closer. Izzy was always wanting to feel the baby kick, she thought it was the coolest thing. The months past quickly and before I knew it it was time to become a dad again.






6 comments:

  1. awww that was a little sad when Izzy asked if he wouldn't be her dad anymore. I'm glad she came around and is happy about being a big sister.

    I can't wait to meet the new baby. Plus it'll be good to see how Shirley's genes do, I plan on using her at some point too since I'm working my way through townies during this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, its been just Izzy and her dad for so long, she was a bit hesitant about having a sibling.

      Shirley has great genes Melina looks great as an adult

      Delete
    2. Yea, its been just Izzy and her dad for so long, she was a bit hesitant about having a sibling.

      Shirley has great genes Melina looks great as an adult

      Delete
    3. Yea, its been just Izzy and her dad for so long, she was a bit hesitant about having a sibling.

      Shirley has great genes Melina looks great as an adult

      Delete
  2. congrats on the pregnancy. A new beginning for them all

    ReplyDelete