Sunday, December 13, 2015

Author 2.6

"Mom! It's time!" I shouted as Shirley and I rant to the door on our way to the hospital. Izzy was just coming in the door from school "where are you going? Is it time for the baby to come out?" She asked. "Yes it is sweetie" I answered stopping to talk with her. "Can I come, pretty please?" Izzy pleaded. "Sorry, but you have to stay here with granny,  when we get home you can meet your new sibling." I answered as I Shirley motioned for me to hurry up.

                                      
I got in the car and we raced to the hospital, Shirley's contractions were coming pretty regularly now. We pulled into the parking lot and I helped her get out of the car and inside the hospital. The nurse ushered us into to the delivery room and got Shirley situated, while I anxiously awaited the birth of our child. After labouring for 8 hours our beautiful baby girl was born, Melina Renee Laveau weighing 7lbs 9oz. We stayed the night and were released first thing the next morning. "Mom, Izzy, we're home" I called as we walked through the door. Izzy came running as fast as she could "let me see!, let me see!" she shouted waking  Melina. "Shhh Izzy. Not so loud" I said as we made our way into the house. "Come sit over here on the couch and you can hold her." Izzy scrambled up onto the couch as fast as she could, I placed Melina in her arms and she had the biggest smile on her face. "I'm Izzy, I'm your big sister" I heard her whisper to Melina. When Melina started to cry, Shirley scooped her up and took her upstairs to her crib. We put the crib in our room for now, once Melina was a bit older we would move her into Izzy's room. Everyone loved  Melina, most of the time she was being held by either mom or  Shirley.
                                           
"Dad, will you help me build a snowman?" Izzy asked one day. "Sorry, daddy's busy writing right now, why don't you see if Granny wants to help?" I answered looking up from the novel I was working on. "Fine" she muttered as she went looking for mom. After I finished my work, I went to check on Izzy and mom. I found them out in the back making snowmen. For some reason mom made hers look like the grim reaper, Izzy's was a normal snowman.

                                        
When they got too cold they came back in and sat by the fire to warm up. "Izzy, I got something for you" mom said getting up and heading for her room. "What is it?" Izzy asked following her across the house. "You'll see" mom said entering her room. When she came out she handed Izzy a present, Izzy wasted no time tearing into it. "Wow! A camera! Thanks Granny, I love it!" Izzy cried. "Mom, don't you think that's a bit much for a child Izzy's age?" I asked. "Nonsense, Ryu. She's my baby, let me spoil her" I just shook my head and went upstairs to check on Shirley. She and Melina were sound asleep, so I decided to join them for a nap.
                                           
Time passed too quickly, and before I knew it Melina's birthday was here. We had just a small family gathering and Shirley helped blow out the candles, while the rest of us sang happy birthday. In the blink of an eye, an adorable toddler sat before me, no longer a baby, who had inherited mom's hair color. We enjoyed the cake and talked of the next birthday to come up. Soon it would be Izzy's birthday, and she would be a teenager.
                                       






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Ryu better be careful and make sure Izzy doesn't start to resent Melina for being around. It's hard, but he has to be sure to give her time and attention still.

    She's a cute girl (Melina) Ryu will have to keep the boys away from both of them.

    ReplyDelete