Thursday, June 23, 2016

Composer 4.0

~Berlin~


Bridgeport! The city of my dreams! A lot of famous composers got their start here, and I plan to be among them. When I told mom I wanted to move here she was not too happy. She didn't want me to live in the city alone, so Tanner decided to move with me. Mom had set up a trust fund for each of us years ago when we were kids, and now that we were eighteen, the money was ours and between the two of us we had enough to rent one of the nicest penthouses in the city, a huge three bedroom with a nice view. 





We moved in and quickly got to work redecorating. One room became my office, where I moved in the piano. The room right next to the office became my room and the farthest room became Tanner's room. 

We both needed jobs, so as soon as we got settled in we went to find one. I got hired by a music company, right away. Because of who my mom is, I started out as a roadie. Some people don't like to use their parents' fame, but to me it's just another advantage I have. Tanner got a job at a local club bar tending, so if I had any desire to go to a club, I could have gotten in for free. Tanner in the other hand lived the club life, sometimes it was hard to believe we were twins, though we really didn't look alike anyway. I took after dad and Tanner takes after mom. It's weird to think about my dad, he's only been around for the past few years and he and I aren't as close as he and Tanner are. Anyway as soon as I got home from filling out all the necessary paperwork to start my job, I got on the company's website and started working. Tanner says I'm boring, but I have it all planned out. I'm going to be at the top of my career by the time I'm twenty-three, then I plan to find a husband and get married by twenty-five, then maybe have a kid by thirty. I'm not set on the kid thing yet, I don't care much for them. Once they're older they're not so bad, but babies and toddlers, annoy me.

I went to bed early, Tanner wasn't home yet, he was out having fun somewhere. The next morning I got up and fed the dogs, I have two of them. QT, who I've had since I was a kid and her puppy. Then I headed off to work, when I left for work Tanner was just coming in, he mumbled a hello, and stumbled off to bed. 

By the end of my first week I had already been promoted to being a roadie working with the local symphony. It was my job to help set up the equipment they would be using for a show. I would stay and listen after they would start playing, dreaming of my turn in the spotlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment