Thursday, July 21, 2016

Composer 4.3

~Tanner~

I didn't expect Berlin to go off on me like that, but I guess I deserved it. After she walked off and I heard the office door close, I called Emily. I told her I wanted to be there for her and the baby as much as shed let me. We ended up talking for almost an hour, getting to know each other a bit. Guess I should have done that to start with. By the time I hung up, Berlin had come out of her office to get something to eat, so I apologised for yelling at her earlier. She asked if I had told mom, yea I told her, can't say she was too happy. She chewed me out worse than Berlin had, though she did offer to come back which I turned down. I wouldn't be responsible for messing up her plans as well.


Emily and I talked every week, she lived on the other side of the city so we didn't see each other often, but we made sure we went out at least once a week. I hadn't known her very long, but I knew I cared for her, even without her being pregnant.


One day she called and asked me if we could meet up, we needed to talk. We met up at the diner once we were seated I asked her what's up? "I lost my job yesterday, and I don't have enough money to pay the rent, so I'm planning to move back to my hometown." She lived clear across the country. While it's true that I wasn't thrilled to find out I was going to be a dad, the idea had grown on me and now I couldn't imagine not seeing my kid. "You can't move back, what about me being a part of this?" "Sorry Tanner, I have to what's best for me and the baby. Back home I have some family that can help, you can visit if you want, but I have to go, I have no other options here." I didn't have a plan, but I had to come up with something. "When are you going?" I asked, not really wanting to hear the answer. "At the end of the month when I lease is up." Good that gave me sometime to figure out a plan. She left first and I sat there thinking for a while. 

I ended up going back home not too long after that, still not having a plan. I got home and Berlin was still at work, she worked long hours, many nights putting in overtime, so usually I had the house to myself for a while before I had to go to work. I went into the office intending to look up something on the computer, when I hit me, I called her up and told her my plan. "I have it all figured out where you don't have to move back home." "What's your plan?" she asked me a bit skeptically. "Marry me."
I know it was a snap decision, but I couldn't think of anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment