Thursday, July 21, 2016

Composer 4.5

~Tanner~

Married life was not what I expected at all, of course I guess it helps when you actually know the person you are marrying. Don't get me wrong, Emily is great, it's just, well I thought getting married and her moving in would make things easier, guess I was wrong.

It wasn't all bad, not at first anyway. We would spend our free time taking silly pictures, and just enjoying our time together. I would go to work, and she would take care of the apartment, she did a great job of it too, but as the months progressed, and it got later into the pregnancy, things changed. I don't know if it was hormones or just her personality coming out, but we ended up fighting all the time. We fought over the smallest things, I'm late getting home, fight, she burned dinner, fight. When we weren't fighting you couldn't keep us apart, those times were fewer and fewer.

After one particularly bad screaming match, I went into the kitchen to cool down where I ran into Berlin, she asked me about the fight, and I told her the basics, I was supposed to meet up with Emily at the DR's, but had to work instead, which was the truth, well mostly anyway. I left out the part that I volunteered to work, I just needed a break from everything.

"Berlin! We're leaving now, be back later!" I called to Berlin as Emily and I headed out. I knew our fighting was getting on Berlin's nerves, and I needed to try and fix things with Emily, so we went out for the evening. It started out great, we got all dressed up, and went out to a nice dinner. Emily was seven and a half months pregnant, but she was still just as Beautiful as the day I met her. After dinner we went dancing, which was great, we stayed for a few hours, till her feet started to hurt and we left.

"We should go see a movie" Emily said as we got in the car. "Sure, what do you want to see?" I asked. "I don't know, lemme see your phone, I'll look up and see what's playing." I gave her the phone and headed towards the theater. "Whose Katie?" She asked out of the blue. "What?" I asked not sure what she was talking about. "Katie. You have like a million texts from her. Who is she?" Sensing a fight starting, I tried to avoid it. "She's just bartender I work with." That didn't help. "Had a nice time, let's do it again soon?" She started reading my messages back to me. "Look. She's no one, just a girl I work with. I stayed late to help train her one night, that's what the text was about."  "Yea right Tanner. You expect me to believe you?." Believe what you want, I know what's true. I can't believe you would think I would actually cheat on you."  "Did you?" I couldn't believe she was accusing me of cheating, sure we didn't know each other all that well, but surely I hadn't given any reason for her to think  that. I was so angry I could barely concentrate on driving. "Tanner!" she yelled just as I missed the red light and our car sailed through the intersection. Metal scraping, glass shattering, Emily screaming. Then everything went black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment