Thursday, January 12, 2017

Composer 4.16

~Malakai~


I had failed. Charity was being killed in front of me and there was nothing I could do to stop it, I prayed that the poison kicked in soon. Screams filled the room, first from charity then once she grew silent, from the vampires. Clawing at their throats the vampires let out the most horrid screams. James turned and looked at me, trying to say something in between his screams, I couldn't make out what was said, nor did I really care. With one last howl James and the rest of the vampires fell to the ground, and turned to ash. The single vampire left in the room released me from his power as he fled.
All was now quiet. I went over to where Charity lay, and pulled her into my lap."Please don't leave me. I need you, I love you" I begged cradling her lifeless body. She let out a small breath and I realized that she still clung to life. I didn't know what to do, then I remembered a potion that I had tried once before with disastrous results. Long ago I had tested my potions on the humans, one such potion changed the human into a Fae. The human didn't live long after, since James had found out and killed him, I knew it might be my only chance to save Charity. She would die if I did nothing.
I picked her up and carried her upstairs to my room. "Hold on Charity" I said laying her down on the bed.


 I shrunk down and flew out the window as fast as I could to gather the ingredients. As soon as I had everything, I raced back to the house, praying that Charity was still alive. She barely was.


I made the potion as fast as I could and got back upstairs.


 I tried to get her to drink the potion, but it was no use. I finally used a dropper to get the potion delivered. I sat by the bed holding her hands willing her to live. In a flash of light wings the most beautiful shade of blue sprung from her back, she breathed a deep breath and I knew the potion had worked.


It was nearly a week before she awoke. "Kai" she whispered waking me. "What happened?"  "The potion worked, James is dead." I said getting up to check on her. "Good" she said closing her eyes and drifting off again. When she woke up again she noticed she had wings, "Kai? What is this, how is this possible?"  "It was necessary to save your life, I hope your not mad." I said helping her up so she could see in the mirror.  "Of course I'm not mad, they're beautiful." She said admiring her new wings.



Just then we heard a knock on the door, "Stay here, I'll go see who it is." I said. Opening the front door, I saw something I never thought I'd see. Before me stood another Fae. "Hello there! The names Martin, mind if I come in?" He said as he stepped inside. "There aren't supposed to be any Fae this far out, are you a scout?" Martin asked. "Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about." I said confused. "Hmm, well that's odd. You are Fae, are you not?"  "Yes, but"- just at that moment Charity peeked around the corner. "It's alright, I think. Come here." I said holding my hand out. She came and stood by my side. "Well now! Who's this!" Martin asked. "This is Charity"  "Two Fae this far out? This is highly unusual." Martin said more to himself than to us. "Alright, what's going on here. You should not be here." Martin said suspiciously.  "You need to tell me why you're here."


I led everyone into the living room and sat down, Charity by my side. "What do you want to know?"  "Tell me everything." Martin said. "Before we do, tell us how you found us."  "you mean you don't know?"   "No"  "Oh well, that's easy. You see when we shrink down and fly we leave a trail of magic behind that other Fae can track. I was in the area and picked up on your trail and followed it here." We told him everything that happened, and he listened intently. When we had finished telling our story Martin stood up and said, "Well, you certainly can't stay here. You will come back with me to the land of the Fae."  "wait, what about my aunt? I can't leave with out saying goodbye." charity said. "That's possible, but we would need to leave tonight." Martin said. that was fine with us, we wanted to leave this place behind as fast as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment