Monday, December 26, 2016

Composer 4.15

~Charity~

"What's your plan?" I asked not too sure I really wanted to know. "I'm going to kill James." He said, his voice betraying no emotion. "How will you do that?"  "I have a potion that you can drink and once James feeds from you he will be poisoned."  "Are you sure it will work?" I asked feeling hopeful. "Don't worry, I've used it before." Kai told me how James rose to power, joining a coven as a lowly vampire and having Kai poison the "food supply" until James was the head of the coven. All  I had to keep James interested in me, keep him from getting rid of me too soon, Kai needed time to gather all the ingredients of the potion and to keep James from suspecting anything.  



Each morning I awoke wrapped up in Kai's arms, there I was safe. He tended my wounds with a sadness I had never seen. "I hate this you know. I hate what he does to you. I hate him."  "I know." Once I was tended to, we lay together and talked of freedom. "Where will we go?" I asked. "I have no idea, I've heard stories of a land full of Fae, I hope we can find it as I've never met one before." He said with a sigh. " I hope to see my Aunt again, I miss her. I think she'd like you." I said. "I think that would be nice." He said with a yawn. He'd been up all night most every night this last week making sure everything was in order. Tonight we would put our plan into action.With everything in place I started to doze off, I was fighting to stay awake when Kai said "Sleep, I'll wake you in a while" Safe in his arms, I slept.


"What is this!" I was awoken to the sound of angry voices and the slamming of my cell door. I quickly opened my eyes to find James standing over me. I was still wrapped in Kai's arms. "Kai, wake up!" I said as I elbowed him. When he saw James all the color drained from his face. " I'll ask one more time" James said "What's going on here Malakai?" Kai just stood there placing himself in front of me.  " You think you are protecting her!?! She's mine!" James screamed at Kai.
I was frozen with fear, James was here, he knew about us.  Kai lunged at James catching him off guard and shouted at me to run. I ran faster than ever, but I still wasn't fast enough. I made it to the door at the top of the stairs but when I opened it there were two vampires waiting. Grabbing me by the arms, the led me back down the stairs and into the cell, followed by several more vampires. They threw me back in the cell at James's feet, I glanced at Kai he had a look of defeat on his face, he had been forced to his knees by one of vampires, James grabbed me by the arm and hauled me to my feet. He held me In front of him while he spoke to Kai.




"So the Fae as fallen in love with a human. Tsk tsk, Malakai, you know the rules it's bad enough that you broke the rules, but to do so in front of my coven, well that's just unforgivable." I never took my eyes off Kai. James looked from Kai to me and back. "You leave me no choice, you will die tonight Malakai, but I will let you enjoy our entertainment first." Wile James was talking the other vampires in the room had closed in around us, with a sickening grin James knocked me to the floor and said "have at it boys!" The whole of James's coven descended upon me, save for the one that held Malakai in place, forcing him to watch. My screams filled the air, it seemed to take forever, but eventually the room grew dim and I faded into blackness. This time was different, I was no longer afraid, I no longer hurt. It was like being in Kai's arms once more, I was safe and secure, and I didn't want to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment