Monday, December 26, 2016

Composer 4.14

~Charity~

Malakai became the only thing keeping me from giving in when I was on the brink of death. In a sense he truly was an angel, my angel. I had no idea how long I'd been here, having lost count of the days long ago. My life had become a routine. The nights belonged to James, whom I had never stopped fighting. But my days, those belonged to Kai, seeing him every morning made the nights bearable. I looked forward to his visits, knowing that he would be there to greet me when I woke every morning gave me the strength to resist James.

Over time he and I had become something akin to friends. He had told me all about his life. He was found as a baby by James's mother and was raised along side him as his brother. Fae and Vampires are mortal enemies, even more so than Vampires and werewolves. Thousands of years ago there was a war between the two, and the vampires slaughtered the Fae, nearly causing their extinction. The cause of the war has been lost to time, but neither side ever forgot their hatred of the other. So because Malakai was Fae, James and his family were outcasts. Once his mother died James came here with Malakai. He told me how he longed to see the outside world, having been forbidden to go outside for fear of being discovered. When he told me how he had disposed of the others who had been here before me, I was a bit shocked, but I realized Malakai was just as much a prisoner as I was. He did as James asked since he was the only family he had. 

One day I woke up to find Malakai sitting in my cell. Since I was not expecting him I screamed. "I'm sorry, you scared me" I said apologizing once I realized who was there. "I did not mean to startle you, I only wanted to be here when you woke up, I needed to tell you something." He had a strange look on his face so I asked him "What's wrong?" His eyes looked sad and he said . "I heard James talking and he said that he was getting a new acquisition soon. He's going to get rid of you."  "Oh" I said "You mean he's going to kill me."  " That's the plan." he said so matter of factually. "How can you be so calm!" I yelled, starting to panic. I had thought Malakai was my friend, and was hoping that I could convince him to let me go.

Malakai did not answer, instead he walked over to where I was sitting sat down, took both my hands in his, and looked me in the eyes and said "I promise that won't happen." "How can you be so sure?" I asked tears beginning to cloud my vision. Wiping my tears away he said "I never cared what happened to any of the humans before now, but you're different. I care about you in a way that I never thought I could. Charity I love you, and I promise that I will find a way to free you." His confession took me by surprise. " I think I love you too." I answered "What do we do now?" "Don't worry love. I have a plan." 

No comments:

Post a Comment