Monday, February 6, 2017

Composer 4.18

~Charity~
We traveled at night and rested during the day, Martin told us some of the rules of the Fae that both of us would be expected to follow. After the vampire war a truce was struck. The Land of Fae was off limits to the vampires, in turn the vampires land was off limits to the Fae. This land was a middle ground where the truce did not exist. Vampires multiplied and blended in with humans, Fae could not do this and were captured or killed by those who did not understand what they were, or by the vampires, so as a rule Fae were not allowed to live in this land. Short journeys were permitted as long as one stayed small, and had permission, but they must make absolutely sure that no one saw them. In order to say goodbye I had to wait until dark and visit Berlin when she was asleep, hoping she would think it was a dream. Once we arrived at the house Kai and I flew into Berlin's bedroom. She was sound asleep with a man there on the other side of the bed. I couldn't help but smile, it looked like we both found happiness. Becoming fill size again I went over to her side of the bed and carefully shook her awake. Groggily she opened her eyes and I said "Hi"

~Berlin~
Someone was shaking me awake. First I thought it was Michael, but it came from the wrong side of the bed. I opened my eyes and heard a voice say hi. I reached over and woke up Michael who was just as shocked to see Charity sitting there as I was.I couldn't believe it, after all this time she was home! I pulled her into a big hug and we both started sobbing. After a while she pulled back, holding my hands in hers. "I can't stay long, I only have tonight. At dawn we must go."she said. "Go? But you just got back?" I said confused. "And who is we?" She held her hand out into the dark of the bedroom and seemingly out of nowhere a man appeared and took her hand. "This is Malakai" she said as he put both hands on her shoulders. It was then that I noticed that they both had wings? Yes they both had wings, the light of which was enough to see Charity clearly. Scars crisscrossed her arms. She saw me looking and sighed pulling her hand away from mine. "I have quite the story to tell you."




~Charity~
I had hoped she wouldn't see my scars, but she had. The look on her face was one of horror and questions combined. Pulling my hand back I sighed. Kai stood behind me resting both hands on my shoulders. Giving my shoulders a small squeeze of encouragement I started on my story. I told her of meeting James in the park, how he had kidnapped me, how Kai had saved me and I became a Fae. I glossed over the worst parts, including James' death not needing to burden her with all that. When I had finished she had a look of shock on her face before taking a deep breath and sighing. I could tell she wanted to cry so to change the subject I asked her about Michael.

~Berlin~
I told Charity all that had happened in the last year, retiring, meeting Michael, and getting married. We talked for hours, but too soon the sun was rising and Charity said she had to go. I begged her to stay, She pulled me into a big hug and told me she loved me and wanted me to be happy. I made her promise to try and visit as often as possible, knowing that I may never see her again. Before my eyes she shrunk down to the smallest speck of light and flew out the window. I just sat there for the longest time. What it all a dream? No, I know it was real.

~Charity~
After a tearful goodbye, Kai and I flew back out the window and met up with Martin. We were off to start our adventure and figure out what it meant to live life as a Fae.

No comments:

Post a Comment