Monday, February 20, 2017

Fae 5.0

To get to the Land of Fae there was a secret door we had to go through. Martin knew exactly how to get there, though he told us that once we crossed the veil that separated the worlds we would not be able to return without the key. Those were only given to the ones the Council deemed worthy, so in essence once we left, we may never get to return. We were ready.

Crossing the veil was like diving into a pool of warm water. Once on the other side we were greeted by a land that was more beautiful that I could ever imagine. Martin led us through town towards the Council building. We were met with stares and whispers the whole way. "We don't usually have newcomers here" Martin said. Once we arrived Martin led us to the Council. He introduced us and told of finding us. The Council didn't seem to pleased at his decision to bring us here. They had many questions for Kai and I, they weren't too happy when they heard I was changed into a Fae, apparently I was the first one in centuries. They had outlawed that particular potion long ago, though Kai had no way of knowing that. When Kai told of his being raised by Vampires, the Council got quite vocal in their disapproval. After several hours of being questioned the Council agreed to let us stay. Martin showed us to our new home, it was a small log cabin on the far edge of town. "One more thing." Martin said as he was leaving. "Fae etiquette dictates that you must be joined before you can live together, I can perform the ceremony now if you want."

Kai and I just stared at each other, he took my hand and said " I know there's a lot we still don't know about each other, but I would be honored to call you my wife." I couldn't help but smile, "okay" I said nodding to Martin. We joined hands and Martin said some words in a language I didn't understand, and in a much shorter time than I would have thought I was joined to Kai for the rest of my days. Martin said his goodbyes and left us to explore our new home.

The house was small, barely big enough for the two of us. After exploring the house and having a small meal we went back to the living room and curled up on the couch in front of the fire place. We sat there in silence for the longest time, just watching the flames dance. "What are you thinking about?" Kai asked "I was thinking about how everyone kept staring at us when we got here." I said. "They've probably just never seen anyone as beautiful as you, that's all." He replied, looking at me. I leaned over and gave him a kiss, then settled back in his arms happier than I had been in a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment