Friday, October 30, 2015

Author 2.0

Since mom and I made up after our fight, she was trying a bit too hard to show me she really was sorry for what she said and I'll admit that the thought occurred to me that maybe she was right, maybe I should wait to marry Carlotta, but I couldn't imagine my life without her. Graduation was here FINALLY! Don't get me wrong I was good at school, but that was also the problem. I was good at everything I tried, so no one thing struck me as something I wanted to spend my life doing. Anyway I was the valedictorian, and gave an awesome speech, everyone cheered, and I was voted most likely to get married. Carlotta wasn't as good at school as I was, but that didn't matter, since she was going to be a star soccer player, and she was great too. She was voted most likely to be a star athlete, and as soon as the ceremony was over she and I went for a walk, it was still early spring, and we'd had a late snow, so everything was still covered. 


Holding her hand and walking through this winter wonderland, I knew what I was about to do was the right thing. "Ryu, you're so quiet, what's wrong?" Carlotta pulled me from my thoughts. "What? Oh, nothing's wrong, in fact it's just right" I answered. " You're not making any sense, Ryu." I just looked at her and smiled, as I got down on one knee, she realized what I was doing."Ryu?!?" I pulled out the ring box and said " Carlotta, I have loved you since I was 12, when I first laid eyes on you I knew we would be married  someday, I hope you won't make a liar out of me" She looked lovingly at me and let out a little laugh, " With a proposal like that, how could I say no! " As I slipped the ring on her finger, I knew that this was right. We rushed right home to tell mom the good news, she congratulated us, but I could tell she was not so happy with us getting married so young. When we told Carlotta's parents, they were even more upset than my mom. They blamed me, since Carlotta was giving up a scholarship in order to stay here with me, and part of me agreed, but it was her decision, not theirs.

Mom let her move in before the wedding, which was a small affair, just mom and us. We invited her family, but they didn't come, Carlotta was a bit upset, but she never said a word. We got married in the backyard, under a beautiful arch.

"Carlotta, I promise to love, honour, and cherish you from this day forward, till death parts us. Take this ring as a token of my love"
"Ryu, I promise to love you and cherish you all the days of my life, till death parts us. Take this ring as a token of my love"
                                       
We sealed our vows with a kiss and were now Ryu and Carlotta Laveau.




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding ceremony and I am sure they will have some beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Carlotta is HOT! Ry's nice looking too, They're going to make great looking babies!
    Too bad her parents were to mad to come see them tie the knot :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, she is pretty, but the problem is she knows it too. I do hope their babies take after her a bit more than Ryu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well he knew one thing he wanted in life, to marry Carlotta and he made that happen. I hope they have a happy life together even if they are starting out really young.

    So sad that her parents didn't approve, but in a way I can understand. She had a full scholarship and she turned it down to get married at 18/19. I don't know why they couldn't wait until she finished school. I hope she doesn't regret her decision.

    ReplyDelete