Monday, October 26, 2015

Chef 1.6

Ryu came home from school one day with the biggest smile on his face. "why so happy today?" I casually asked him. " I met this girl at school today, and she's so cool!" he said with an even bigger smile. "Her name is Carlotta and she loves sports just like me, I invited her over this weekend to play if that's alright." "Yes Ryu, that's fine, although I do wish you would ask me before inviting friends over next time" I replied. "Sorry mom" he mumbled, as he sat down to do his homework.
That weekend when Carlotta came over, they played for hours, they looked like they were having so much fun. "Catch me Ryu! you'll have to run faster than that" Carlotta shouted. "Ha! I gotcha, now you're it" he shouted back. They spent the whole afternoon playing together, and too soon it was time for her to go home. 



Life progressed in much the same manner for the next few years, I was working my way up the ladder at work, Ryu was happy, and before too long childhood was over and Ryu's 16th birthday was here. We had a small party, just a few of his friends, and Carlotta of course. Her birthday was just a few days after Ryu's so they had a joint party.
He is growing up into quite the handsome young man, although he does have a bit of his father in him. He wasn't too happy with his weight, but I told him he looked just fine, but to make him feel better, for his birthday present I got him a pull up bar, which he loved, and he and Carlotta are getting a bit too close for my liking.








3 comments:

  1. The teen years already and he is aging up nicely. He already has a girlfriend too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh-oh. Teen hormones and a cute girl! I bet she taught him to be a better man than his father was to any girl he ends up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...gonna have to watch those two. Need to keep an eye on those two. No making Marie a grandmother this soon.

    ReplyDelete