Friday, October 30, 2015

Author 2.1

We settled into a routine pretty quickly, for a wedding present mom decided to redo the garage into a bedroom/bath for her. She was getting older and had trouble with the stairs at times, so we redid her old room for us to use. My old room became the gym, and Carlotta spent many hours working out.
I had decided I wanted to be an author so I set to work writing what ever ideas came to me. Some were good and some were horrible and got deleted right away. I got in touch with a publisher and wrote a few books, nothing great and the pay was horrible, but it was a start. My publisher informed me that if I could illustrate the books myself it would save me some money, so I decided to learn to draw as well. Mom was still working at the diner and almost to the top of her career, her dream was coming true.
One time I decided to make breakfast for everyone and it was quickly realized that I had absolutely no talent at cooking. I burned the waffles so bad even Rose wouldn't eat them.

Life went on, and after being married almost a year Carlotta and I decided to try for a baby. "Ryu, I have to tell you something" Carlotta interrupted me while I was writing "I'm pregnant" I was so engrossed in my current novel that I barely heard her. "that's nice....WHAT!?!" "Did you say pregnant!?!" I was shocked, we'd only been trying for a short time. "Yes Ryu, we're going to have a baby. I want to tell your mom when she gets home if you don't mind" I was ecstatic, I was going to be a father, I was nervous as well. Could I be a father?, I'd never had one, so I wasn't sure how I was supposed to do this. Seeing the look on my face, Carlotta smiled at me and said "You'll make a great father, you'll know exactly what to do"
When mom got home from work Carlotta told her the news, she was so happy, I don't think I'd ever seen her smile that big before.
We converted the gym into a nursery, using neutral colours since we wanted to be surprised as to the gender of the baby.
Carlotta came home from work one day in a horrible mood. "What's wrong" I asked. "They sent me home and told me not to come back till after I'd had the baby!" She shouted at me. " Well you are 8 1/2 months pregnant, and it would be good for you to take it easy for a while." I pointed out. "Take it easy!?! I can't afford to take it easy! I had a plan, I have to be able to go on the road with the team this fall. This stupid pregnancy has just set me back four months in training, well they won't stop me. I'll just work out here!" She was livid. I quickly snuck out the door and left her to her workout. Thirty minutes later I heard her scream, rushing up the stairs I found her doubled over holding her stomach. 
"what's going on!" I asked. "Can't you see my water just broke and I'm in labour, you idiot!" She shouted back through clenched teeth. I was in panic mode, I rushed her down the stairs, and to the hospital as fast as I could. After 14 hours of labour, we welcomed our beautiful Isabella into the world.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Ryu and Carlotta and Welcome to baby Isabel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, yay! Welcome baby Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the pregnancy and baby, but I don't like Carlotta's attitude. Let's just hope those last few outbursts were pregnancy hormones and this won't be a pattern on her part.

    ReplyDelete