Sunday, October 18, 2015

Chef 1.5

Being a single mom was much harder than I thought. I went back to work, and it killed me every time I had to leave Ryu. I didn't make much, most months I struggled to just pay the basic bills, but knowing that Ryu could grow up safe and happy here was all that mattered. I spent the time I had off teaching Ryu all that I could, how to walk, and talk.

Soon though, too soon, it was time for Ryu's birthday, it was just the two of us, I splurged and bought him a chocolate cake, as I held him up to blow out the candles, I couldn't help but think just how fast time had gone.
In the blink of an eye, my little boy had  grown up into a little man. Although I was happy for his birthday, I couldn't help but to be a little sad, gone was my little baby, and before me was my little man.

It was time for Ryu to start school, we were lucky and our house was right across the street, so he didn't have far to walk. We didn't get to see much of each other once school started, he got home right as I was leaving for work, but I did what I could, and always made sure he had a nice meal waiting for him, he would wait up for me to come home, so I could read him a bedtime story, which I was only too happy to do so.

When Leisure day came, I went all out, I made sure it was a day Ryu would never forget. "Ryu, are you ready to go to the park?" "yea mom! can I  bring rose? pretty please?" he begged me as we were headed out the door. "Only if you promise to keep her on her leash." And so the three of us headed out for the park.
 "Look at me, mom! Watch how high I can go!" he was having such fun on the swings, soon though I heard the words that had become second  nature to Ryu "I'm hungry, mom" "Alright let's take Rose home, then we'll go get something to eat"
So off to the diner we went, I treated Ryu and we had such  a good time.
 We spent the afternoon playing catch with the football Ryu got for his birthday, I wasn't very good at all, but Ryu didn't mind at all. Since he didn't have a father, I had to try my best to make sure he learned some guy stuff too.
That evening for dinner, we had hot dogs, mine were beef, but Ryu insisted he was a vegetarian, so his were veggie dogs.

 Once It got dark I gave Ryu the surprise I had for him. "Oh wow mom! Sparklers! this is so cool, you're the best!"
 Exhausted after a long day of fun, I read Ryu his bedtime story, and he fell asleep in my bed, so I just climbed in beside him and fell fast asleep.



3 comments:

  1. Awww they look so happy and Ryu is turning out to be a handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day together. It can be hard being the mom AND the dad. She's better off this way, but that doesn't make it any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie is doing well. :) She's making a life, a safe life for her and Ryu and they will be much happier for it.

    I wonder when/if there'll come a time when he'll ask about his father.

    ReplyDelete