Saturday, April 2, 2016

Rebel 3.4

I spent many hanging out with Nathaniel, after coming home drunk, he was always a gentleman, never bringing up my drunken escapades, which were often, and many times I couldn't remember the previous night.

When my grades came in at the end of my first semester, I was shocked. I was failing all my classes, finals were tomorrow and I hadn't even begun to study, I was having too much fun. So there was only one solution that came to mind, I would make a cheat sheet and hope I didn't get caught. It worked for the first three classes I had, but in my last class I got busted. I was sent to the dean's office, put on probation, and informed that if I messed up at all I would be kicked out of school.

So to cheer my failing self up, I threw a big bonfire party and invited all the cool people. Nathaniel came even though he was not one for parties, he ended up getting into a fight with the guy I was talking to, thinking I was being bothered by him. Then it started to rain putting an end to my awesome party.
  
                                     
 





Since I really didn't want to get kicked out, and move back home I actually started studying more, I began to pass my classes and by the end of my freshman year I was off probation. Of course I still made time for the parties, At one end of the year party I attended, Nathaniel was there, which was surprising. He pulled me aside and confessed that he had a huge crush on me and wanted to be more than friends. I was surprised, I had no idea he felt that way, it also surprised me that I wanted to give dating him a chance.

After that school went pretty well, I didn't go out and party as much as I did the previous year, Nathaniel didn't care much for parties, and I found that I'd rather spend my time with him instead. My remaining years of college flew by and before I knew it it was the end of my senior year. It was time for the final finals, but once again I failed to prepare, so I did what any good rebel would do and used a cheat sheet again, this time however, I got away with it. I  Graduated with a B average, and that night Nathaniel proposed to me. I said yes and we decided to get married the following morning, I knew that if I waited my dad would freak, and try to convince us to wait, but it's my life not his, right?

Since I didn't have a job lined up I went back home, bringing Nathaniel with me. As expected, everyone was upset at our decision, but I was thrilled to be Mrs. Wright.

Being back home was nice, but at the same time I missed my being out on my own and Nathaniel and I needed our space, so I sent out resumes to every music job I could find. While at school I had majored in music with a minor in art. I also was getting pretty good with the guitar. After living at home for a few months, I really needed to get back out on my own. Too many rules at home, even though I was grown and married. Melina who was now a teenager was the complete opposite of me. I tried to get her to go out more, have fun, go to parties, but she just wanted to stay home and help take care of dad and Shirley, both of whom were getting older and did need more help around the house. I tried to have a relationship with her, but we were so different and had such a big age difference that we really didn't get along so well.

When I got the call that I'd gotten a job I was thrilled. The job was an entry level position at a recording studio in Starlight Shores, which suited me just fine since I wanted to become a rock star. I got busy looking online for a house, I still had plenty of money from the painting I had sold when I was younger, and had sold a few expensive ones since I'd been home, so I put a down payment on a cute little two bedroom, just big enough for Nathaniel and I. The day we left dad gave me a big hug and promised to come visit as soon as he could. I gave Shirley and Melina  big hugs as well. With our goodbyes said, Nathaniel and I headed out to start our new life in Starlight Shores.


2 comments:

  1. And she's off. I am shocked she got married so quickly. I thought for sure she'd want the single life for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, but hey Marriage is just another adventure, right?

      Delete