Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Rebel 3.5

Since I had a music degree, I started out higher up than I would have otherwise. I planned on being a rock star. I could see it now, the parties, travelling the world, the fans. I definitely wanted to be a part of that. We got to Starlight Shores a week before I was to start my new job, so I spent time redecorating. One Room became our bedroom, in the other room I put my easel and some workout equipment for Nathaniel, he was at school on an athletic scholarship and wanted to get a job with the team here, or get a job coaching at the high school.

We soon fell into a routine, I was progressing quickly with my music and after working at the studio for only a year I was already music talent scout. I was given the opportunity to go to Egypt to scout some new talent. I jumped at the chance, I'd always wanted to travel, so this was perfect. Of course Nathaniel wanted to go with me, so the following week we boarded a plane to Egypt.

We were only going to be there for a two days. My trip was paid by the recording studio, but we had to pay for Nathaniel's part of the trip ourselves. After a ridiculously long flight we finally landed. After we got settled in at the hotel, we headed out. I figured I'd get business taken care of right away, then we could enjoy the rest of our time here. I spoke to the band I was there to see. They were good, so I signed them right away. Since business was done, now Nathaniel and I could enjoy the sights. First up we went to see Abu Simbel, it was breathtaking. We spent the day there, I brought a camera and decided to snap a few shots, though I did wish I had my easel with me. after all this was the trip of a lifetime. Once it got too late we headed back to our tent and called it a night. 



The next morning we headed out to the pyramids and the sphinx. This was our last day here and I was determined to make the most of it. I was in awe at the sheer size of the monuments, I'd never seen anything so large. Nathaniel had some work to do, so he brought his computer with him. When lunch time rolled around we went and grabbed some local cuisine, it was delicious, though too soon our trip was at an end, I didn't want to come home yet, but it was time to get back to real life.

On our way back to the airport I stopped at the market and picked up a few souvenirs. After a very long flight back, we finally got home and fell into an exhausted sleep.

I did such an impressive job in Egypt that my boss gave me a raise as soon as I got back. I was promoted to a lyricist, now my job consisted of writing songs that other bands would be singing.

2 comments:

  1. she's doing well, does Nate not have a job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not yet, he's trying to get a coaching job, but hasn't gotten hired yet.

      Delete