Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Rebel 3.6

I was excelling in my job. All the bands under our label wanted my songs, so I was becoming a minor celebrity. Soon Nathaniel and my three year anniversary came. To celebrate he booked a trip to this beautiful tropical island. Three days and nights in paradise.

We arrived in early afternoon, so we headed to our rental house, which was right on the beach and got unpacked. As soon as all of our stuff was put away, we changed into our swimsuits and went for a swim in the ocean. I thought it would be cold, but it was warm like bath water. We stayed out till the sun started to set, then headed back to the house. Since we were both still wet from our swim we decided to sit out on the balcony- or lanai as the locals called it- and watch the stars while we dried off. "Thank you Nathaniel, it's beautiful here" I said as we sat there. "No where near as beautiful as you." He said. "Come on, let's go to bed" I said grabbing him by the hand. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.




The next morning I got up and whipped up some pancakes, once we were done Nathaniel asked me "what do you want to do today?" "Well" I answered "I've always wanted to try windsurfing." So we spent most of the day windsurfing, I only stopped once for us to enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach.






Once I had my fill of windsurfing, we went home and changed, then headed into town for dinner. Afterwards we went by the art gallery, I wanted to see the local art. It was alright, not really my taste though. We sat out under the stars again that night, just enjoying each others company.


For our last day Nathaniel said he had a surprise for me, he took me to the biggest resort on the island where we spent the day. We got massages, then retired to our room for strawberries and champagne. It was utter bliss. As we lay together in bed,  he turned to me and said, "I think I want to have a baby." I was surprised, Nathaniel knew I wanted to be a rock star, and kids weren't something I really planned on yet. "I don't think we should yet, I'm not as far in my career as I want yet, maybe in a year or so." He just looked at me, and I could tell  I'd hurt him. We didn't talk much as we packed up our belongings and went back home. 


Things got back to normal pretty quickly, though I started to feel sick not long after we got home. I was nauseous at all hours of the day and night, I had my suspicions as to why, and didn't want to admit it, but as the weeks progressed I was sure I was pregnant.

The day I took the test, I was nervous. I did want kids, just not yet. I wanted to be further in my career so that I didn't make the same mistakes as my mother. I knew she put her career first, and I didn't want to do that to my child. When I checked the test, it was positive. 
I was going to be a mother. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Pregnant. I wonder how Nate will take it. We haven't seen his face yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy! hopefully she's better mother than the one she had

    ReplyDelete